Sunday 3 June 2012

Well, it has been another busy week.....
Wednesday evening, (after a slight detour to visit to Ikea!), I went to the open evening of the Taster Exhibition for North Yorkhsire Open Studios in Harrogate at the Royal Hall,  "Secret Spaces, Hidden Gems".  There was a great turn out, and lots of lovely art and craft to ogle at.  I even succumbed and purchased a beautiful ceramic pot by Fiona Mazza.  I just love the feeling I get when I  buy a little piece original art, and can support a fellow artist. If funds had allowed, I could have gone crazy.  I loved the ceramics by Eric Moss, blacksmith Annabelle Bradley's tree, and a number of paintings.  The exhibition is on until the 17th June, so if you get the chance, I recommend going to see it.  (You can also see my woven and felted scarf, 'Fossil' which is also on show!)   The Royal Hall has an amazing Theatre, which is worth a look too.


Friday morning was the last of this term's weekly art and textile class.  As usual, everyone was in good form, and kept me on my toes making a variety of items including needlefelting,  felt bowl and vases, collage and painting.  And as soon as they had gone, it was a mad rush to get my things together for my trip to Louth via The Ropewalk Gallery, Barton on Humber.

At the Ropewalk, I was discussing my new work with Laura McNair, (gallery co-ordinator) and we agreed that I would deliver  a range of my new work in September, just in time for winter, Christmas etc.....

I'm now back after spending a great weekend with the lovely ladies of Louth Embroidery Group.  Friday evening they had a go at making a felt flower, followed by a Nuno scarf workshop on Saturday.  They all did a great job, and went home with some wonderful creations. They all seemed to be pleased with the results of their labours.

I would like to send a special thankyou to Jane Abson,( and her husband John,) for putting me up in their lovely home. I can't remember the last time I had such a good night's sleep - although, they (the group!) did work me hard - so maybe that has something to do with it.

So now all efforts  are focused on Open studios which start next weekend, and I hope that some of you will be able to fit in a visit.

I also hope you have all had a great Jubilee, despite the cold weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment